SF Hep B Free Support Group

Richard - Hep B and Liver Cancer Advocate

Hi Everyone,

My name is Richard and I am Program Manager at SF Hep B Free - Bay Area. We created this Online Support Group to give people a safe place to interact with others going through the same questions, fears, and feelings around hepatitis B and liver cancer that so many others are. Please use this space for support, love, questions and information.

My Story:
I became passionate about this issue more than a decade ago when my father introduced me to it. As a liver cancer surgeon, my father kept finding patients that were suffering and dying from liver cancer caused by hepatitis B. Day after day my father returned home shaking his head. If only his patients had just known about their hepatitis B status and monitored it years earlier, most of them would not be suffering from cancer today. It is such a preventable cancer. That’s when he decided to something about it and helped start the campaign that we now know as SF Hep B Free - Bay Area.

Today, I fight to spread awareness, and education about hepatitis B and liver cancer. I work to screen and vaccinate those that need it so that no one dies of this preventable disease. I and SF Hep B Free - Bay Area are here to help you however we can. So let us know what you need.

大家好,
我的名字是Richard, 目前在舊金山灣區B型肝炎免費計畫組織中擔任專案經理,我們成立
了線上支援小組,旨在為社區建立一個安全與社團共享的概念,除了讓患者可以分享彼此
對B型肝炎的恐懼與擔心,同時也提供情感支持,更新準確和最新的B型肝炎消息。

我的故事:
我對B型肝炎議題一直都相當關心,這源於10年前我父親開始教育我有關B型肝炎的知識,我
父親是一位肝癌外科醫生,在多年治病的過程裡,他一直看到病人為B型肝炎所苦甚至發展成
肝癌死去,我記得父親每天上班回家後不時搖頭,彷彿感嘆如果這些病人能早期發現他們B型
肝炎的狀況並加以治療,這些B型肝炎病患根本不用承受癌症之苦,由B型肝炎發展的肝癌絕
對是可以完全被預防的,所以當我父親決定要為這些病患做些什麼的時候,我便義不容辭起
身幫助成立舊金山灣區B型肝炎免費計畫。

如今我的任務之一就是推廣大眾對B型肝炎與肝癌的認知與常識,同時讓越來越多的人接