SF Hep B Free Support Group

Alan Wang: Let's Talk About hep B!

Hi Everyone,
I want to thank you for joining me in this fight against a deadly virus that kills about 800,000 people each year. Before I realized my life was in serious danger I was a lot like many patients. I was naive. Because there are no symptoms, I ignored the problem and failed to seek treatment allowing the hepatitis B virus to damage my liver. Only after realizing three of my uncles died from hepatitis B-related liver cancer and seeing the results of my own chronic hep B biopsy did I begin to seek treatment. At its peak, my liver was being devastated by 13 million copies of the virus, but within months of treatment my viral load was undetectable. After more than ten years of being undetectable, my MRI shows the scaring on my liver (which causes cancer) is gone and my liver has regenerated new cells creating a healthy pink organ.
Understanding hepatitis can be confusing (it was for me), but it’s something that you should take seriously if you or your loved ones are at risk. If you have any questions or simply want to share your experience with me, I’d like to hear it on this website. Also, please take time to watch a very important documentary film called “Be About It” featuring me and a great father, son and brother named AJ Jabonero who I wish I could have met.

Click here to watch Be About It

大家好
我想要謝謝各位的參與與我一起對抗這每年殺死80萬人的致命病毒,在我了解我處於嚴
重的風險前,我跟許多病人ㄧ樣天真,因為身體沒有出現任何症狀,所以我輕看了這個疾
病,而且並沒有採取適當的治療措施,才讓B型肝炎病毒一步步侵蝕我的肝臟。後來因著
我的3位叔叔長輩都因為感染B型肝炎並最後死於肝癌,我才開始意識到我必須篩檢是否
感染B型肝炎並尋求治療方式,我在最嚴重的時候,我的肝臟被將近1300萬的B型肝炎病
毒幾乎摧毀,但幸運地是經過數月的治療後,已檢測不到任何的病毒存量,而後超過10
年的日子,也無發現任何B型肝炎病毒,同時我的MRI指數顯示導致肝癌的肝組織損壞情
況也已消失,並且我的肝也已開始自行產生新的細胞以維持器官的健康。
對我來說,了解肝炎的知識並不容易,但卻很重要,每個人都有責任為我們自己或是身邊
愛的人重視這方面的疾病,如果您有任何相關的問題或是也想要分享您的故事,我都樂於